Saturday 30 January 2010

and the G Bus.

To be honest, this G shuttle bus combined with the cold it is not working at all. But I still have some positive thoughts to share since we are humans and we need/tend to think positive.
- The G shuttle bus driver yesterday (Saturday) was amazingly polite. He said "hello" and I said "thank you!" at the end of my ride! He was way more than helpful when lost people were asking him where to get the G bus or when they were asking him about where they need to get off and he was also waiting for more people to get on bus. Plain gentleness.
- When I was waiting for the Jay street bus I was smiling on my own with this new setting for G-lorious riders. Instead of being all spread to the platforms where you would rarely see most of the riders, waiting on the street lets you have eye contact with each one of them. And what I sensed from their looks was a great support for each other.
- I never really knew where was which G subway station. Yesterday I discovered that there are some stations probably closer to me or closer to places I want to go sometimes. But this is personal. Most Brooklyn residents know where is Myrtle Willoughbuy etc..

So long..

1 comment:

  1. i was completely surprised by the kindness of a bus driver who saw me come out of Jay St. looking lost at 3 am, and informed me that the shuttle bus had just left, but that he would try to catch up to it so i could switch. he drove at least 5 or 6 blocks after the shuttle and caught it at a red light so i wouldn't have to wait out in the cold for the next shuttle to arrive. it's really great when a bad situation brings out the best in people.

    ReplyDelete